A day-long training session is available for counselors, workers and board members working in women focused services (women’s centers, shelters etc.) as they consider whether to/how to welcome trans women in their organizations.
- The importance of developing “cultural competency”
- Definitions and concepts
- Key aspects of the “transition” process
- What research tells us about the vulnerability factors for this population
- Case studies focusing on some of the challenges of integrating trans women in women-focused services.
- Human Rights law and legal precedents