Gender diverse individuals are found throughout society. We have everything to gain by opening ourselves to diversity and to the many contributions of trans and non-binary people.
Personalized and efficient consultation services
Despite the goodwill demonstrated by many institutions, much work remains to be done to ensure that gender diverse people feel that they are not merely tolerated. This often becomes fully apparent when a situation involving a trans or non-binary individual presents itself to an institution.
We have the experience to quickly identify the needs of your institution and develop an intervention plan that covers not only the timely response to the crisis, conflict or question at hand but also the prevention of such problems in the future.
Here are some of the types of situations where our consulting services might be useful :
- I am a High school principal. Many students experience transphobic and gender-based harassment and bullying. How do we change the school culture?
- Our elementary school has just learned that a young child assigned male at birth will begin to attend school as a girl. How do we handle this situation with other children ? With other parents?
- Our school Board commissioners and upper management would like to know what our legal responsibilities are in relation to the goal of supporting gender diverse students in our schools.
- I work in a drug and alcohol treatment center and we want trans and non-binary people who use our services to feel more welcome. Could you help us identify needs and develop an action plan?
- I work in a youth welfare center that assesses trans couples who want to foster or adopt. We want to ensure that all our professionals reach a uniform comfort level and know the right questions to ask in completing these assessments.
- I work in a women’s shelter and we have recently been approached by a gender non-conforming person who says she’s a transgender woman and need our services. We need help to decide how to deal with such a request.
- Our Christian congregation has decided to be more open to welcoming gender diverse people. Some members are strongly opposed. Can you facilitate a discussion around this issue?
- We wish to insure a smooth workplace transition for a trans employee. How should we proceed?
- I work in the Human resources department of a company. We have just learned that a male employee who identifies as male intends to come to work dressed as a female. What are our rights and responsibilities to the employee ? To other employees? How can we ensure that our work teams will not be disrupted?
- One of our employees refuses to work in a team with a trans employee claiming that it puts her in conflict with her religious and moral values. How can we resolve this issue in a way that is respectful of both employees?
- Our lawyers would like to be better equipped to understand the issues facing children whose parent transition from their assigned gender.
- I am a psychologist specialized in Child custody evaluations and I’ve been asked to assess a family in conflict with regards to the behaviour of the 6 year old boy who dresses-up as a girl and plays exclusively with girl toys. The parents are separated. The father accuses his ex-wife of forcing their son to play with girl toys because she always wanted a girl and was disappointed when she learned she was having a boy. The father also claims that his son behaves typically masculine when with him. He’s suing for sole custody of the child. How can I best assess this situation and the best interest of the child?
Not quite what you are looking for? Explore our other services