To improve the health and well-being of sexual minorities through training and consultation.
To build capacity individually and for your organization.
To raise awareness about homophobia, heterosexism, transphobia and how it impacts us all.
Where we are
The institute is based in Montreal, Quebec.
What we do
We are experienced consultants offering training, consultation and clinical supervision related to the lived experiences of gay, lesbian, bisexual, two spirit and trans persons in public and private organizations including health, social service and educational institutions and environments.
Our focus is in keeping with the laws and the provisions of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and provincial human rights legislation across Canada as it pertains to sexual minorities. We also adapt our services to the requirements of our international clients.
- Supporting families with gender atypical children
- The lives of gay, lesbian, bisexual and Two-Spirit people
- Supporting transgender and transsexual individuals through transition
- LGBT youth and homophobia: Vulnerabilities and resiliencies
- Integrating trans women in women-focused services
- Couples and families in transition
- Reducing homophobia and transphobia in the workplace, in schools
- Adapting services in Health and Social Service environments
- Assessing same- sex couples in foster care and adoption services
- Aging in the gay, lesbian and trans communities
- Gay men’s health theory
- HIV prevention for LGBT peoplle
- Assessment of institutional Initiatives to reduce homophobia and transphobia
- Running and compiling focus groups and data collection
- Organizing and leading supervision groups